ISDN2 EASY PLAN
Total minimum cost
22c per min
14c per min
22c per min
40c per min
WHAT IS ISDN2?
ISDN2 lines are used for voice and data communications and start from 2 channels (lines).
You can add further connections (in pairs) up to 8 channels which increases the number of simultaneous connections and or available bandwidth. It also means as your business grows, your communications will grow with you.
It can also give you access to the internet, much like a standard phone line. The key difference to a standard line being the ISDN2 channels can be used separately - so you can use the internet on one channel and receive a fax or make a call on the other.
Call quality with an ISDN2 line will nearly always be clearer and sharper than a standard phone line too.
An ISDN2 line can offer speeds of up to 128kbps (each channel is 64kbps) when the two channels combine to connect to the internet. This is faster than a standard modem. It's a good fall back option to have if needed.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously With ISDN2 you'll have 2 lines/channels to use separately or simultaneously, so you can do 2 things at once.
- Unlimited DDI numbers for easy contact You can have an unlimited number of DDI numbers, allowing frequent callers to get straight through to the person they wish to contact, without passing through a switchboard.
- It builds on groups of standard transmission channels. Bearer channels (or B channels) transmit user information at relatively high speeds, while separate Data channels (or D channels) carry call set-up, signaling and other information.
- It handles all types of information. Unlike some other digital communications technologies, ISDN handles all types of information - voice, data, studio-quality sound, still and moving images. They are all digitized, and transmitted at high speeds in the same flow of data.
- It handles many devices and many telephone numbers, on the same line. Up to eight separate telephones, fax machines or computers can be linked to a single ISDN connection, and have up to 64 "call appearances" of the same or different telephone numbers.
- It supports up to three calls at the same time. Two voice, fax or PC "conversations," and one data "conversation" can take place at the same time, through the same ISDN connection.